Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"At least Jerry Lewis is on your side..."

Some days, all you can do is laugh.  Not just chuckle, but truly laugh.  Laugh so hard you almost cry.  I have been so stressed out at work lately, but I have taken to the attitude of just doing my best.  That is all I can do.  I was a little stressed out today, but taking it in stride, and I got a phone call from a co worker in a different state.  She inquired about my health, after our work jib jab, and asked if I had a firm diagnosis yet.  I replied that, yes I did, Multiple Sclerosis.  She replies "oh, I am so sorry, but at least you have Jerry Lewis on your side..."  Now keep in mind that my brain isn't fully operational, and a tad delayed.  I giggled a bit, and I didn't even compute what she said.  We said our goodbyes, and as soon as I hung up, I realized what she said.  Jerry Lewis?  Jerry Lewis???? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the Telethon guy for Muscular Dystrophy....LMAO.  She thought I had MD, not MS. 

So I laughed, and laughed.  Laughter is probably the best medication we can take.  Sometimes laughing is all we can do.  All we can do to hold it together, when everything seems like it's falling apart.  The MS might have taken my energy, it might have taken my memory, and a few other things, but it WON'T take my sense of humor.  The MS has already taken my direction with this post.  LOL  I have completely lost my train of thought, but it's all good.  Just as the lady said today, I just have to remember "at least Jerry Lewis is on my side."  Whenever I have a bad day, i will just think of Jerry.  LOL

My shots went ok tonight, I got it in on the first try, and I have officially given myself 8 successful shots.  The shot itself is ok, but almost immediately after it stings so bad for about 15 minutes.  Again, I can deal with this, because I know that there are so many worse things that people are dealing with.  It's not pleasant, but it is bearable.  As far as symptoms go, today was ok.  I actually woke up not sick, just had some major fatigue, but that seems to be normal these days. 

Yeah see my focus on this post has completely went out the window.  I feel like I am just putting a bunch of random words on this entry.  Which I guess mimics my life  lately, trying to put random pieces together, and they end up not making sense. 

I guess my advice to anyone else going through this, is just to know that this just comes with the territory.  Take one day at a time, do research, but not too much, take care of your health, keep stress to a minimum, find your "new normal", recognize that you are going through a huge life changing thing, and don't feel guilty about it , STAY POSITIVE, breathe, LAUGH, live your life, and most importantly ALWAYS REMEMBER that no matter how bad things get that Jerry Lewis is on your side... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment