Sunday, May 22, 2011

You had a bad day

I am not sure what is going on with me today, but I am just kind of in a little bit of a funk.  Nothing happened  good or bad, but maybe I was feeling a bit lonely today, I don't know.  Ok, I really did feel lonely, there isn't much kind of about it.  I always feel bad about bugging people, especially when I am really down, because I never want to be a "debbie downer."  Plus sometimes when you are in that kind of funk, it seems like no one is  around.  LOL  Not that it's anyone's problem, but my own, I am just saying, I kind of felt sad today.  Today was one of those days that I probably needed to hang out with friends or something, but instead I kept to myself.  It doesn't help that I am sad that the weekend is coming to an end.

 I am also sad because of this stupid diagnosis that I am not getting to go to Cancun in a few  weeks with my friends.  I can't even tell you how depressing that is.  That is our yearly thing, the most fabulous place on earth, and I will be stuck at home and at work.  I don't want to get to be too much of a downer, but yes that completely depresses me.  Yes, there will always be next year, but that doesn't make missing this trip any easier.

I really don't have much to say tonight, but I didn't want to get out of the habit of writing in my blog.  I want to make it part of my daily routine.  I felt ok today, just kind of depressed, and the fatigue was definitely there.  I have felt very weak and tired all day. No vomiting again, so that is definitely a plus.  My shot tonight went off without a hitch again, and the stinging didn't last as long after the shot tonight.  I guess that is a sign that it's getting better.  Maybe my body is getting used to it.


I am leaving on this note, because well I don't have anything insightful to say, not that I ever do.  LOL  I am just not myself today.  Here's to hoping tomorrow is a good day, but I will leave you with Daniel Powter.


Where is the moment we needed the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue skies fade to gray
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carryin' on

You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee you go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces every time
And I don't need no carryin' on

Because you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

Will you need a blue sky holiday?
The point is they laugh at what you say
And I don't need no carryin' on

You had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day

(Oooh.. a holiday..)

Sometimes the system goes on the blink
And the whole thing turns out wrong
You might not make it back and you know
That you could be well oh that strong
And I'm not wrong

(yeah...)

So where is the passion when you need it the most
Oh you and I
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
You've seen what you like
And how does it feel for one more time
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

5 comments:

  1. HI KATIE

    "HI" nice to 'meet' you. I understand everything you write. Let's forge on together, k? I look forward to getting to know you and you me. :-)
    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you for stopping by. It's always great to meet new people, and I look forward to getting to know you as well! I hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    Nice to meet you both, Gail and Katie,
    I was diagnosed in 1995 and it still hurts. I was feeling blue on Friday because a group of friends planned a bridal shower for the daughter of one of them, (a few people had to go out of town so it was thrown together quickly) and I don't have the health to help with the shower!

    Like you Katie, there is always next year, but it doesn't make the pain go away!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Linda! Thanks for reading! I totally understand how you are feeling. That is exactly what I mean. You want to be able to help, and want to be involved, but you just can't. That's exactly how I feel, and it makes me sad. Hopefully, things will get better for us all. I know they will! I hope you are doing well today, and have a fabulous night! It's great to "meet" you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I understand bad days. i like to grant myself a start and end time. Weird I know, but it helps me pull myself out! But I like to think we are given the green light to feel down sometimes.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete